Monday, October 31, 2016

The Perfect Crispy Honey-Glazed Salmon


This was our lunch today. I found the best-tasting, easiest way to make salmon at home! I've tried and tried to make it in a skillet like I get it at restaurants, but this oven method, ending in a broil was the closest so far. Curt and I really enjoyed it.

I buy skin-on, frozen, Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon fillets at Sam's.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spread a baking tray with aluminum foil so that you can make a sealed pocket for the salmon. I used two overlapping pieces.

I baked two of the fillets (thawed of course) and used the following glaze.

2 T. butter
1/4 cup honey
2 crushed cloves of garlic
1 T. lemon juice (I used Real lemon)

Salt and pepper each fillet generously. Heat the butter and then add the honey. Once bubbly, add garlic and lemon. Heat through and then pour over the fillets.

Wrap tightly in foil and bake for 15 minutes.

Turn on your upper broiler. Open the foil packet and broil for 3 minutes or until the glaze is caramelized.

Sprinkle parsley on the top and drizzle a bit more honey and/or salt if needed. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment