Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Mother's Choice


The day is drawing near when she will walk into the unknown world of international academia...Far way.

She's still two in my mind...working puzzles on the floor at my feet and writing her name backwards. 

How do they go so quickly from being totally dependent and vulnerable to strong, dependent-upon-God, and unafraid to pursue their place in His kingdom?

There are conflicting emotions. Such joy and delight for the amazing opportunities, yet I read the news and feel the unrest. 

Will fear take me over? Will the unknown paralyze, shut down that life within?

"In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me [or my child who is trusting in Him]?" (Psalm 56:11)

Fear cannot coexist with trust. If I am confident that we have both placed our trust in God and that He is making us His heirs, man can do whatever he will. We are safe even in death. The real us can survive anything.

"If anyone keeps My word, he shall never taste of death." (John 8:52)

Do I believe Him? Do I believe the message of those words?

I do! I reject the fear each time it tries to take my breath, because I am confident everything Jesus said is real and true.

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment