Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Good Life



Oh, the joy of being remade, reformed, renovated into the image of Jesus! What a journey!
Dallas Willard's words in his Renovation of the Heart ring so true.

My patterns of thinking will conform to the truths of scriptural revelation, and I will extend and apply those truths, under the guidance of God's Holy Spirit, to all of the details of my daily life. 
Am I undertaking some task? Then I in faith do it with God, assuming and finding his power to be involved with me. That is the nature of his kingdom. 
Is there an emergency? I will meet it with the knowledge that God is in the midst of it with me and will be calm in a center of intense prayer. 
Am I praised? My thoughts (and feelings) will move immediately to the goodness of God in my life. 
Am I condemned or reproached? I know that God is supporting and helping me because he loves me and has a future for me. 
Am I disappointed and frustrated? I rest in the knowledge that God is over all and that he is working things out...

How good our Maker is!

No comments:

Post a Comment