Thursday, April 30, 2015

Life is Good!

Christ Church College Cathedral, Oxford, UK

I applied my heart to know, to search and seek out wisdom and the reason of things.
- Ecclesiastes 7:25

It is idle to talk always of the alternative of reason and faith. Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.
If you are merely a sceptic, you must sooner or later ask yourself the question, "Why should anything go right; even observation and deduction? Why should not good logic be as misleading as bad logic? They are both movements in the brain of a bewildered ape?"
The young sceptic says, "I have a right to think for myself." But the old sceptic, the complete sceptic, says, "I have no right to think for myself. I have no right to think at all."
~ G. K. Chesterton

With Jesus as the foundation for thought, life is an adventure! And the result of building our understanding on what He taught is blow-your-mind good! Pardon the street terminology. It's my mood today.

When I read the messy world and national news, with all the heartache, the confusion, the hopelessness, and the political power struggles, sometimes my consolation is to focus with gratitude on my own quiet, peaceful life and the deep, meaningful relationships I have, along with my health, my needs met, and the joy that comes as I make my tiny (in light of this huge world with all its needs) contributions to my "neighbors."

Life is good no matter what the crazy world is doing, and someday it's all going to be good! Until then, I will continue, with all my being, to search and seek out wisdom from the One who claims to have it.

"behold, a greater than Solomon is here." 
~ Mat 12:42

No comments:

Post a Comment