Tuesday, February 3, 2015

In The Waiting



Do you like to wait? I don't.

But waiting keeps returning.

Deep down, I know it's good for me. But, oh! how I love to have my ducks in a row. I want to know what's happening before it happens. I prefer to prepare my mind and heart ahead of time.

That all said, I am embracing the waiting once again.

Waiting drives me to draw on the Word, forces me to focus on Father.

It sends me on a mission--searching, seeking, studying, trying to perceive as much of His wisdom and perspective as possible.

The scripture tells me, "The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him." (Lam 3:25)

And so, I wait and seek.

What am I waiting on presently?

LaRae's next step in education. (I can hear some say, "But that's for her to worry about." Of course, I am not making her decision for her. But I must wait, watch, and pray for wisdom for her. If you are a parent, you know what I'm talking about.)

She may end up on the other side of the world, or she may be two hours away. She may be gone two years or seven. It's always possible she may never move back to her hometown.

God knows. I don't need to know.

Transitions are never easy. I prefer a steady, consistent, predictable flow to my days. But I have a hunch that God knows it's not best for me to always have this preference granted.

"I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope." (Psa 130:5)

For I believe, "Those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." (Isa 40:31)

Every other week at this point in my life, I'm so busy I forget the waiting. And there is great joy in those busy weeks. That's good. However, I also need quiet. I need to reflect, and read, and study, and write. That too is good.

I will wait upon the Lord.

If you too are in a waiting time, may these scriptures encourage you and enable you to trust the future to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment