Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dark Chocolate Turtle Cookies


I made these delectable cookies recently, and they were an instant hit at our house!
Today, I decided to tweak them a bit and made them "Dark Chocolate Turtle Cookies."
Oh, my goodness!


I added pecans  
Lancaster Caramel Soft Cremes (cut into 1/4's)
and I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
as well as Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate chips.

The original recipe was just as good two days after I baked them.
They don't dry out like many cookies do.
My tweaked version hasn't been out of the oven long enough
to know how they will do for sure, but they are so similar, I'm confident
they'll stay nice.


Ingredients:

2 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs 
2 cups flour
2/3 cup Special Dark Cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups Special Dark chocolate chips
1/2 cups chopped pecans
8 or so Lancaster Caramel Soft Cremes cut into 1/4's

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time and then add vanilla. Mix well. In a separate bowl, blend flour, cocoa, salt, and soda. Add to butter mixture and blend well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts and then caramel pieces. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving cookies to wire rack to cool.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment