Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Time To Heal: A Time of Blessings



Unending days lately... on the couch trying to get over a nasty virus.


Just a few more days and our girls will head back to college.
Those beautiful smiles will only be on a computer screen...


But I have a choice.
Focus on the negative or focus on my blessings?


I have a husband who never spends a second of his time vegging on sports.
He rarely hunts and only if it fits the family schedule.
He works hard for us and then comes home to see how he can help at home.
He has played games with the girls while I've been sick.
Helped with meals. Vacuumed. 
Kept the wood stove burning.


And these daughters of mine? Where could I possibly begin? They love me like their daddy does. Need I say more?

Thank You, Abba, for my abundant blessings. Help me get better. Help me learn lessons through this time spent in a way I do not prefer. And thank You for the blanket of soft white snow which makes this time of year so glorious!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're under the weather while your young ladies are still home. Your snow pictures are wonderful! Love winter's slowness and beauty. Lots of warm lemon and honey happening around our house also and it's good we don't have snow or the boys would be begging to be out in it. As it is they are going with Kevin's group tubing tomorrow - more sore throats probably to follow :o) Blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marianne for taking time to write. Your thoughtfulness warms my heart.

      Delete