Thursday, October 17, 2013

Moist and Delicious Chicken Breasts



This week I made the best chicken breasts I've ever made! I found a YouTube video that explained the process of pan-searing and then baking, and, my oh my! but were they moist and delicious. I recently purchased a good All-Clad skillet; I'm certain that helped the process as well. Here's the link.

The good quality, heavy pan--from what I understand--enables you to turn up the heat to at least medium-high so the pan and olive oil gets very hot. When you place the meat in the hot oil, you get a great crusty surface, but the pan is thick enough to keep the meat from burning. It just browns nicely, sealing in the juices. Then the hot oven finishes the cooking inside and probably continues a little browning on the outside as well. I pounded my chicken pretty thin so it hardly needed any oven time.

I seasoned with salt, pepper, a little cumin, garlic and onion powder, and lime juice. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis