Thursday, September 26, 2013

What I've Been Up To


The changing seasons never cease to delight me.  
A friend shared this thoughtful quote about autumn which I thought you might enjoy.

If winter is slumber and spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It's a time of year when the leaves are down and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone. Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it's time to reflect on what's come before. 

~Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Thanksgiving, 1992



Since the girls left for college, I got their high school books and papers in proper storage places, easily accessible if friends need to borrow anything.


Rachelle went through cycles her last year at home...
Sometimes she worked at her desk on the back porch, and other times
she was in the living room on the couch. But I got her deck organized and cleaned.
Curt and I are making a list of projects to slowly start working on, and
finishing our wrap-around-closed-in back porch is one of them.


We have a marker-board wall on the back porch.
Rachelle rarely used it. LaRae wrote this (below) her senior
year at home. I haven't been able to bring myself to erase it yet. : /


Can you see the final line?
I just saw it the first time today. 
Made me smile.
Here it is enlarged...

 

 I love order and got my frig organized yesterday. 


One of my favorite websites is Real Simple. This link takes you to "how to organize your refrigerator shelves and doors"... in case you were wondering.  :)

So now you know some of what I've been up to! 

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Laura,

    I wanted to tell you that I am just learning about the Pentecostal faith. I went to the 2013 Ladies Conference last week. It was an amazing experience.

    I am so glad that I found your blog. If you have time I would love it if you came by and visited my blog.

    Blessings!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, glad to hear from you again. I am not of the Pentecostal faith, but that's fine. :)
      I realize my conservative attire is similar and confuses people sometimes. I actually don't read many blogs these days but will be happy to check yours out as soon as possible. Blessings.

      Delete