Monday, September 30, 2013

Want Peace? We Always Do What We Value Most


Is deep abiding peace possible?

Have you found it?

I have. 

Seriously, I really have!

Do you want it? How much do you want it?

I haven't always had continually abiding peace, but I do now. 

I'm convinced it comes down to what we value. 

We always do what we value most. 

Once I realized the truth of this and decided nothing was going to come before peace (with God) in my heart, I stopped making decisions that disrupted my peace. It took some time to think about it and figure out what decisions were bringing on the turmoil, but I'd never go back to life like it was!

"If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him... Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you."  (John 14:23. 27)

But, " he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me." (Mat 10:38)

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. (Psalm 32:8) 

The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, That shines brighter and brighter until the full day. (Proverbs 4:18) 
______________ 
I wish you peace,

   

1 comment: