Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The World I Miss


I miss the sense of a clean world. I know this spinning globe hasn't been truly clean since we chose to do our own thing in the beginning. But I live in a society that has seemed to progressively deteriorate from when I was a child a few decades ago, and I miss that world where busy, working people created orderly, pure, and flourishing fortresses in which to nurture future generations and build meaningful, lasting relationships.

I miss the innocence of days gone by when sacred things were cherished and private things were held as silent treasures. I miss community awareness of our loving but Holy Creator and respect and honor for Him.

Maybe this world I miss is no more than a figment of my imagination, a world I perceived due to childhood innocence. Maybe, because we are now so much more closely connected through the Internet, I just see the real world that always was...

I look at Facebook postings once in a while, and nearly every time I do I come away depressed and saddened. Oh, the things we value! Oh, the things we fill our minds with! How in the world do parents hope to have healthy, pure, honest, thriving children if they allow those children to fill their souls with the music, the movies, the books, the Facebook postings this depraved culture wallows in?

Where is the purity? Where is the love for things Holy and clean?

I listened to a song a young girl posted yesterday on Facebook, a song that is lulling her to sleep... I cried as I realized this music is aiding the pull she feels into a slow, deep, dark, rebellious denial of reality and truth! Does anyone recognize it?! I wanted to scream, "STOP! STOP THE MUSIC! Don't listen to the lies! There is SO. MUCH. MORE. to life! This is NOT what God intended! He has splendor and abounding joy for you! He offers hope and light and a clean, pure, heart!"

I also wanted to cry out to the church for its miserable failure to teach people the nature of our human condition and God's magnificent remedy. I wanted to say to them, "Shred your doctrine. Shred your dead liturgy. Shred the books you read that take you away from the truth of the Word of God. Shred the things you write that do not reflect the truth as Jesus Christ presented it. Shred the idea that you must be like the world to attract the world to Christ! That's a lie, and it is taking untold numbers to destruction."

I've cried out before...

My words were noise...

Or faint. distant. mumbling.

My culture is now filled with people who are busy building kingdoms to reign over or feeding on the empty scraps of self-indulgence and distraction. The prevailing atmosphere is no longer purity, clean living, hard working, and God trusting.

I miss that world.



"Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean..." (Isa 52:11)

It is good for me to draw near to God.

For a day in His courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God, than dwell in the tents of wickedness.

Since therefore, brethren, we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water."

~Psa 73:28; Psa 84:10; Heb 10:19,20,22

No comments:

Post a Comment