Monday, August 26, 2013

Rachelle's Hillsdale Convocation


Our Rachelle is now testing those fragile (at first) wings.
You go, Sweet Girl!
We are confident your hand is in Abba's, and that's all that really matters.
The packing begins...
and goes on for a while! ; )

Ready to hit the road... Daddy with Rachelle in LaRae's car and...
LaRae and I in the packed van!

We drop LaRae off at her room first.

We meet Rachelle's roommate for the first time, and
the dads get to work helping set up the room.

Love it!
An engineer and a lawyer working well together
to get everything set up just as the girls want it.

LaRae with Rachelle's roommate's mother.

We are both thanking God!
The greatest fear for both of us was the roommate issue.
Thank you, Abba, for watching over us and our children!
We believe You care... more than we can even imagine.


Enjoying lunch with new friends...
pensive moments...
smiles sprinkled throughout...

Convocation is a happy-sad time, and the tears couldn't be helped.
But it's nice that we're not alone. :)

It's not easy saying goodbye... 


LaRae's string quartet plays prelude for Rachelle's freshmen convocation.
A beautiful ceremony.

This was their warm-up time earlier when I could get a better picture.

President Arnn, Dr. Whalen, and other college dignitaries

It's time for Curt and me to head home.
The adventure begins...
I get reassuring texts, "all is well."

I breathe a sigh of happy gratitude and start my project list. 

I'm absolutely convinced that my Creator is good, 
and I embrace the true, the good, and the beautiful in His incredible world created for my benefit.
What more can I say?
What more do I need?


No comments:

Post a Comment