Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Way We Walk



In 1982 my high school choral director introduced me to Amy Grant. Amy was my first exposure to "Contemporary Christian Music," and this was one of her best songs. 

I love lyrics that make you stop and think and then say, "Yes! I know what she's talking about!"
Am I a fan of Amy? No. Not in the least. She took some turns in life that were sad and disappointing to me. However, I cherish the good things she gave to the world in her early days, and I wish her well.

Thank you, Amy, for this wonderful song!




Faith Walkin' People
by Amy Grant

Well, it seems with YouThere is something newEvery time I turn around.Oh, I never really know quite what to expect,But it won't get me down.'Cause I know You bringEach and everythingJust to teach me how to live.And the secret of it all is trusting in You,And the wisdom You give.
So say goodbye to the feelings,'Cause the feelings go away.Say goodbye to the people,'Cause the people never stay.Say goodbye to the future,If it blinds you to today.Say goodbye to the reasoningThat's standing in the way,Oh, we've got to break away.Break away to be
Faith-walkin' people,Can't rely on everything we feel.Faith-talkin' people,We must discern what's really real.Faith-walkin' people,Can't believe in everything we see.Faith-talkin' people,Seems like such a mystery.Daaa...da ba da dah-dat dah.Da ba dah...da ba da dah-dat dah.Da ba dat-dah dat dah.
But in all the earthThere is nothing worthHalf as much as life with You.'Cause the people and things we're countin' on here,Are gonna pass away too.I don't understandEverything You've planned,But I don't really have to know.'Cause You're givin' me a joy that's fillin' my heart,When I learn to let go.
So say goodbye to the feelings,'Cause the feelings go away.Say goodbye to the people,'Cause the people never stay.Say goodbye to the future,If it blinds you to today.Say goodbye to the reasoningThat's standing in the way,Oh, we've got to break away.Break away to be
Faith-walkin' people,You can't rely on everything we feel.Faith-talkin' people,We must discern what's really real.Faith-walkin' people,Can't believe in everything we see.Faith-talkin' people,Seems like such a mystery.Daaa...da ba da dah-dat dah.Da ba dah...da ba da dah-dat dah.Da ba dat-dah dat dah.

2 comments: