Blueberry Cream Biscuits with Blueberry Sauce
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup blueberries (I used frozen berries)
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 recipe Blueberry Sauce, below
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and nutmeg to thoroughly mix. Toss blueberries with the flour mixture. Stir cream into flour mixture just until moistened.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Gently lift and fold dough four or five times, making a quarter turn between each fold. Place dough on parchment paper lined baking stone. Form dough into a 7 to 8-inch square, approximately 1-inch thick. Using a floured pizza cutter or knife, cut 12 biscuits, leaving biscuits intact.
4. Bake on middle rack of oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Cut or pull apart to serve. Serve with Blueberry Sauce.
In a small saucepan combine 1 cup blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and 2 T. water.
Bring to a boil, turn heat down a little and cook and stir till thickened.
(I used frozen berries, and so the sauce wasn't thickening very well,
so I added a T. of cold water with a T. of cornstarch dissolved in it for thickener.
Gave us just the right consistency.)
Remove from heat and add 1 tsp. vanilla and another cup of blueberries.
(I microwaved this cup of frozen berries till warm before adding.)
These were tasty. The cream substitutes for butter and milk nicely,
and they are quick and easy to make.
Have a good weekend!