Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Day For Cookies!


I think today would be a good day for me to post a yummy cookie recipe. I tweaked my sister-in-law's recipe just a bit and doubled everything to make a bigger batch since I knew I needed lots of cookies to get me through the rest of this week!

I'm just kidding. The only way I keep my weight down is portion control since I don't regularly jog, walk, run, hop, or skip. I do regularly clean a 4000-foot home though, and by the time I've got that done, my heart is pumping pretty effectively. I rarely eat more than one cookie per meal. It was just fun to type that first paragraph.

I guess I'm in a rare mood after this election. Lots of swinging emotions here; trying to keep them all at the lowest level possible. I've read LOTS of scripture today. It helps keep the eternal perspective and provides an incredible foundation of strength.

Like I told my sweet sixteen-year-old last night, "We are totally fine. We each are at peace with God. We have each other. We have an incredible network of committed church family and believers around the country who will stand together no matter what comes. We couldn't be in a better place given the condition of the larger world around us."

So, back to:

Peanut Butter Candy Kiss Cookies!

Cream together:

1 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
1 cup Jif chunky peanut butter
1 stick unsalted butter
1 stick Blue Bonnet margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar

Add:

2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Blend thoroughly then add:

2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt

Blend together and then mix in:

1 cup chopped pecans

Using a cookie scoop, place balls of cookie dough on baking sheet then press gently one Dark Chocolate Candy Kiss on top of each ball. Bake for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Carefully place on cooling racks after allowing the cookies to rest a minute after taking out of oven.

 Enjoy with a cup of creamy milk! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment