Saturday, October 27, 2012

I Love To Tell the Story

 
I love to tell the story
Of unseen things above
Of Jesus and His glory
Of Jesus and His love
 
I love to tell the story
[I do believe 'tis true]
It satisfies my longings
As nothing else can do
 
I love to tell the story
Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and His love
 
I love to tell the story
More wonderful it seems
Than all the golden fancies
Of all our golden dreams
 
I love to tell the story
It did so much for me
And that is just the reason
I tell it oft to thee
 
I love to tell the story
Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and His love
 
I love to tell the story
Tis pleasant to repeat
What seems each time I tell it
More wonderfully sweet
 
I love to tell the story
For some have never heard
The message of salvation
From God's own holy Word
 
I love to tell the story
Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and His love
 
I love to tell the story
For those who know it best
Seem hungering and thirsting
To hear it like the rest
 
And when in scenes of glory
I sing the new, new song
Twill be the old, old story
That I have loved so long
 
I love to tell the story
Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and His love
 
 
~A. Catherine Hankey

Bracketed line was my words.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment