Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall Beauty and Recipe Links


This may be my last day to enjoy my flowers before frost snatches their beauty for a bit, so I've been outside enjoying the day as long as possible. I spent a while picking garden produce before coming inside. Between the three families who share our neighborhood garden, we have had 5-gallon buckets of tomatoes filled to overflowing more times than I can count! How blessed we are!

Excitement feels the air... LaRae is driving to meet us tomorrow evening at our Church campground for fall retreat! We're looking forward to a wonderful weekend with family and dear friends.

I tried a few new recipes over the past week or two that I thought you might like to try. They were all hits with my present threesome.

Mexican Slow-Cooker Chicken for tacos, burritos, with rice, or however you want to use it. So easy, and simply delicious.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars which are good even several days after you bake them if you just pop them in the microwave for 25 seconds or so.

Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake This was just too delectable to describe. We love dark chocolate at our house, and the icing is noticeably NOT sweet, but we love the combination of sweet cake/dark chocolate glaze. I zapped a piece today in the microwave for about 35 seconds and then added a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Wow! What a tasty dessert! ; )

May your days be filled with an awareness of all good things from above!

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. (Psa 19:1-3 NIV)

2 comments:

  1. Your home is just beautiful...enjoy the retreat,and time with your dear daughter...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Shelley. Thank you for stopping by regularly, for leaving me comments, for letting me know you value what I share. May all your days be filled with blessings from above!

    ReplyDelete