Thursday, September 27, 2012

No Distance!



Curt and I have a close relationship. We refuse to live with emotional distance between us. If something comes up which starts to push us apart, we work like a house afire until we figure out the problem and the distance feelings dissolve.
 
I am restless and troubled if I feel distance in any of my close relationships: with my children, my parents, my sibling, my friends, or my Creator, and I don't rest until I am at peace, unified in heart and mind.
 
With God, because He isn't physically here beside me, I sometimes get caught up in "now" stuff and  start feeling some distance developing. If that happens, I run to Him, eyes searching for His gaze, arms stretched for His embrace, heart longing for His approval and closeness.
 
Why was distance creeping in? I devour His word and open my heart to Him for examination. I want Him to show me what I need to do to stay close to Him.

I wish I never had to crawl back down out of His lap and go to my "now" duties, because that's when the chance of distance takes place. I know I must be about duties, and I know that I don't have to be "in His arms" to feel close to His heart, but I keep seeking to understand myself better, and to watch my thoughts and choices in those busy "now" moments so that I can understand His will and make sure the "now" stuff I am doing is what He wants for me.
 
I realize that I must be as determined to have no distance with Him as I am with my Curt and all relationships that mean so much to me.

I'm so glad He loves me.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Laura. I have a real need for prayer for myself tonight. I've really had problems with fluid build up now for 2-3 weeks & it's getting hard to get around. My legs & feet are so swollen that they look like they are ready to pop. I need to get this fluid off me. If it's doing this to my legs, what is it doing to my heart!
    I had another heart cath a couple of weeks ago. 2 of the 3 by-passes are now closed again. I've been told that there's nothing that can be done.
    In the morning, I am going to take 2 of my Lasix pills & then in the afternoon, I am going to take another one. In doing this, I will have to double up on my Potassium or I would be in really bad shape. I was in the ER last weekend & last night, I had to take Allen in. His BP shot way up over 200. He was so dizzy that he could not walk straight. He fell against the wall. As soon as I saw how high it was running I rushed him into the ER. They did a x-ray of his head to look for a bleed in the brain but they didn't see any. They also did a chest x-ray & several tubes of blood but nothing was off. They determined that he had Vertigo. They gave us a script to treat that & I brought him home. I got up twice during the night to check on him & take his BP.

    I love keeping up with you on here. You have always been special to us. We love you very much.
    I will say "thank you" now because I know that you will pray. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    Love You,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Pat! I certainly will pray for you both. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete