Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What We Eat


I picked up a book off the shelf in our D.C. apartment earlier this month and read it from cover to cover. It was intriguing to the point that I purchased a used copy of it today.

My reading Real Foods inspired me to also check out Deep Nutrition and Real Food Fermentation.
Haven't finished either of those.

Is there not endless cacophony over what we should and should not eat? At this point in my reading, I am drawn to the common sense and historical approach of the "real food" philosophy, although I don't share her assumption of the evolutionary development of mankind, and I am convinced there is no perfect diet (or perfect anything) in our fallen world. However, it seems to be a "no-duh" that overall, what we eat can affect our health and physical well-being.

I'd enjoy discussing it more once I get done reading if anyone cares to. I'm always open to input.



Every moving thing that lives will be food for you; just as I gave you green plants before, so now I give you everything-(Gen 9:3) 

No comments:

Post a Comment