Monday, July 9, 2012

Concern for the Cares of Others


My dad working up at the campground this past weekend.


19 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.
20 For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.
21 For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.
(Phil 2:19-21 KJV)
These were the verses we looked at and discussed in our Bible study yesterday morning. Most of our church family were together up at our campground where we had spent the weekend working to get ready for camp. We had a huge crew and got a lot done. It was encouraging to check off every item on our list. But back to the verses...

Our Bible study leader brought out Paul's characterization of Timothy as the only likeminded man he had who would naturally (or sincerely) care for the state of others. I had  never paused long enough when reading those verses to really think about it carefully, but we were reminded how we are all anxious about various things in our lives and naturally consumed with our own concerns. We were challenged yesterday to care about the concerns of others.

I have several friends who are like Timothy, and I'm deeply grateful for them. (I've even made some new ones lately, and they appear to have the same beautiful spirit of Christ--how beautiful it is!) These people live busy lives. They have many responsibilities, but they seem to always have a heart of concern for others.


~Abba, please help me think about the concerns of others and then know the best way to reach out and express that concern. 





No comments:

Post a Comment