Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Oh, For A Day!



Even gold is tested for genuineness by fire. The purpose of these trials is so that your trust's genuineness, which is far more valuable than perishable gold, will be judged worthy of praise, glory and honor at the revealing of Yeshua the Messiah.

Without having seen him, you love him. Without seeing him now, but trusting in him, you continue to be full of joy that is glorious beyond words.

And you are receiving what your trust is aiming at, namely, your deliverance. (1Peter 1:7-9)




Oh, For a Day

So many times I am suddenly alone
With the choice of where will my mind go
And always I’m faced with opposing pulls
Though I’m set to do what is right

The now and the not yet defiantly glare
Demanding an immediate choice
And I cry to myself “Oh this flesh that I bear
Must it always lift its voice”

Oh, for a day when we’re free in the air
Oh, for the day when this pain that we bear
Is no longer here, no longer here, no longer here

My longing for that day to come remains
Yet I know that I must work while waiting
Understanding the forces that tear me apart
Helps me work through each one that I face

At times I am tempted to give up the fight
And let life just simply keep going
But I know in my heart that I’ll never give in
For the race that I run must be won

Oh, for a day when we’re free in the air
Oh, for the day when this pain that we bear
Is no longer here, no longer here, no longer here
 
© copyright Laura Bailey Ferguson 1986

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    Thank you so much for this post! This is right where I am. I can't wait for that day, but in the waiting...I'm not giving in!
    Love,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, you have been on my mind a lot lately... transitions... Oh they can be so hard. Love ya, girl! You are a jewel! Praying for safe travel!

      Delete