Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cheerfulness, Hope, and Serenity

~A picture I took of Mary Engelbriet artwork on my 2011 calendar. Doesn't her artwork bring a smile to your face?
This week has been so full. How can it already be Thursday evening?! Our Rae is coming home for spring break tomorrow. We're so excited.

Today I worked on scheduling AP exams for Rachelle this May and planning for her classes next year, doing online research, making phone calls, writing checks, transferring money from this to that. I got two loads of laundry done, two meals so far, and one bathroom thoroughly cleaned. I was headed toward the kitchen to start supper when I saw a song of mine that Rachelle had wanted lyrics for in some post she was doing in a class. I picked up the lyrics and stopped at the piano to play and sing through the song.

I wrote it many years ago, but it still fills me with joy to sing the words. I just felt like I should quickly post the lyrics before I get supper. Maybe someone needs encouragement this evening. My favorite line is that "He gave us the choice to never ever taste death." That's something to cement yourself to. :)

Paul speaks in Romans about cementing yourself to the good and abhorring the evil. That's pretty powerful imagery and it helps me in lots of circumstances. I'm cementing myself to the good for many reasons, but one reason is because of the incredible hope Jesus gives me.

May you be encouraged and filled with that hope.



All We Need
~a song written by Laura Bailey Ferguson

We have no rights
That we can claim
We were put here
Gi-ven a name
And without God we would not be, tis true

If He would choose
To take away
The life we live
He could today
There's not a single thing that we could say or do

But the wonderful news is this
That life is ours to live
And God in His great love
Has given us so much

Chorus:
He gave us life and He gave us breath
He gave us the choice to never ever taste death, never taste death
He gave us hope and promised to be
Everything that we ever could possibly need, all that we need

Men all around
Are crying out
That life's not fair
They leave God out
And then expect to never pay for their sin

They turn the black
The white to gray
Convince themselves
They'll find the way
And God could all so easily destroy them

Yet the wonderful news is this
That life is theirs to live
And God in His great love Offers them so much

Chorus:
He gave us life and He gave us breath
He gave us the choice to never ever taste death, never taste death
He gave us hope and promised to be
Everything that we ever could possibly need, all that we need

© copyright 1992 Lubif Productions

2 comments:

  1. I like your Mary Engelbreit picture. Enjoy your time with LaRae! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad LaRae got to come home for break! Please tell her I said hello!
    ~natasha~

    ReplyDelete