Saturday, January 28, 2012

What We Speak

~ enjoying our time at All State IMEA

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear." – Thomas Sowell 

Curt read this quote to me the other day, and it got me to thinking. 

How many times are we tempted to tell someone what will make them like us more, even though we are aware there are concerns we should address? 

It is no fun being the whistle-blower, the preacher who tries to share perceived concerns, or the prophet who warns of potential coming doom. But, when we have benefited from other faithful stewards of truth, how can we not--out of love--share what has blessed our lives, how can we stand before God having withheld what we truly believe to be life and soul-saving information? 

How grateful I am for the real people in my life, the people who speak truth, the ones who care enough to share their concerns, bringing me to see myself again and again in the light of Jesus Christ, thereby producing in me constant growth and transformation for the better. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment