Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Call to Peace


MY FACE IS SHINING UPON YOU, beaming out Peace that transcends understanding. You are surrounded by a sea of problems, but you are face to Face with Me, Your Peace. As long as you focus on Me, you are safe. If you gaze too long at the myriad problems around you, you will sink under the weight of your burdens. When you start to sink, simply call out "Help me, Jesus!" and I will lift you up.

The closer you live to Me, the safer you are. Circumstances around you are undulating, and there are treacherous-looking waves in the distance. Fix your eyes on Me, the One who never changes. By the time those waves reach you, they will have shrunk to proportions of my design. I am always beside you, helping you face today's waves... Stay close to Me.

Come to Me, and rest in My loving Presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you--now and always. Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they occur. Do not multiply your suffering in this way! Instead come to Me, and relax in My Peace. I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust.

Sarah Young, Jesus Calling, 2011 Hallmark Gift Books


2 comments:

  1. That was my devotion today too! And I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete