Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Greek Scholar, At It Again


I knew she had done well on another big Greek exam,
so when she called I asked for a picture...

She said, "Mom, this is getting a little embarrassing."

I get tickled at her but cannot help but be thrilled she is diligent
yet does not have a haughty spirit. She isn't striving for excellence just to be better than everyone else. She truly wants to be a "sharpened tool" for God's purposes.

She now has two ivy wreaths from her Greek Professor.
(For the highest grades on the first two big exams this semester.)

And, she has two trophies for the best Greek essays.
The hilarious thing is that the trophies--if you saw my earlier post--are from yard sales!
This second one is a soccer trophy.


What a funny professor.
I think if I had to home school over again, I'd visit some yard sales...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your dear daughter.....I love your post "A Gentle Christmas"...My intentions are much the same this year and it has felt so much better not to allow myself to stress but,just to savor each day. I still have a bit of work to truly make it the simplest time possible...with four grown children and ten grandchildren...I worry about presents and such.....I planned to do all handmade but,time has got away from me so I will have to purchase a few things to account for what I couldn't make.Being on a fixed income makes that a concern too :) It will be a beautiful Christmas for certain....especially when we focus on the reason we celebrate to start with....CHRIST.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. The trophy thing...hmmm...would that work for 6th-12th social studies/history students. I think it's hilarious and rather clever. Congrats to LaRae. I'm glad things are going so well for her!

    ReplyDelete