Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011


We've been helping with the cake
And licking out the pan,
And wrapping up the packages
As neatly as we can.

And we have hung our stockings up
Beside the open gate,
And now there's nothing more to do
Except To Wait!
~Marchette Chute



We love to receive cards and pictures from friends and family!
Thank you, everyone, who sent warm Christmas greetings!
Blessings to you all!


 Christmas Eve

The door is on the latch tonight,
The hearth-fire is aglow,
I seem to hear soft passing feet
The Christ child in the snow.

My heart is open wide tonight
For stranger, kith or kin.
I would not bar a single door
Where Love might enter in.

~Kate Douglas Wiggin




Merry Christmas, my dear readers!

1 comment:

  1. Love this Christmasy post! I trust that y'all had a very Nice Christmas. The Lord gave us one here in Argentina. =)

    Happy New Year!
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete