Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Retreat


We had such a delightful fall retreat weekend at Mode campground.


The weather was gorgeous, and the people were a joy to be with! 


 I feel so blessed to have friends who want to be like Jesus more than anything else in the world.

We had delightful drama,


softball, for those who could stay on their feet, (just don't ask)

delightful children,

autumn sunshine,

Dorinda's cute dog,

delicious food,

and lots of time to just be with friends.


LaRae was able to be there since she had fall break.

Sunday after lunch she had to drive back to school. The trip is just not easy. She isn't a complainer, but I am well aware that it isn't an easy transition for her or us.
The tough stuff makes us stronger though, doesn't it?

I don't think I have felt a deeper joy than when I see my children developing in their personal dependence on Jesus, drawing from His strength, resting in His love.

It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment