Saturday, September 10, 2011

Country Dining Room Decor




I am gradually re-decorating my dining room. I got a new chandelier and put up some country valances. Curt helped me bring up an old fake fireplace mantle from the basement. My folks took it out of an old house they tore down years ago. We used it in plays for many years at church, then finally, I brought it home to decorate our basement. I had been thinking I'd love to have the warm look of a fireplace in the dining room, when tah-dah! I thought of the old fake one downstairs! Curt couldn't believe I wanted "that thing" in my dining room, but I'm enjoying it. I need to do some work on it--still trying to decide what all should be done.

Isn't it funny how our tastes evolve over the years? I assume others have that same experience...

I'm saving for a braided rug now--leaning toward an oval one. Do you think oval or rectangular would look better? I'd love to hear your opinions.

Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I really like your new chandelier, as well as the fireplace in the dining room. So warm and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oval. And I totally approve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's a first! My sweet LaRae comments on my blog! Thanks, Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oval! Love braided rugs though I have none. They make a place very homey! Enjoy reading your blog (I'm one of those 'lurkers') and the encouragement I find here! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne, so pleasant to hear from you; nothing makes me happier than hearing something I have done or am doing is blessing someone else! That is my constant prayer. Thank you for letting me know.
    To correct my earlier comment, I forgot LaRae left a comment one other time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you ever get a braided rug? If so, where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete