Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Retreat

We had a Thanksgiving retreat this past weekend at our campground near Mode, IL. We always have it early to avoid cold weather. It was an encouraging and uplifting weekend, a time of building relationships, nurturing longtime friendships, and just enjoying the goodness of our Lord. We had encouraging Bible study, teaching on various aspects of Thanksgiving, beautiful countryside-views, yummy food--some over the fire that burned all weekend, fabulous fellowship (sorry, I can't resist alliteration), hilarious entertainment, awesome exercise--I'm still aching from softball! To say the least, it was a wonderful weekend. I seem to be the main one who took pictures this time, so I'll post some since E.G. requested! BTW, we really missed S.V. & K.N.! They were able to come last year, and it was such a treat for us!
















10 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the pics, the fun memories, and a few familiar faces from when we came to Mode a few years back. Some of those chilluns have GROWN!! My goodness!

    But I guess the most important thing I have to ask is: WHAT THE SAMHILL IS JULIA LYNN WEARING???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's funny, Tara! I hadn't noticed! That's Matt's Three Stooges sweatshirt! He and my brother-in-law, Dan are ardent fans! Oh boy, I'm just waiting now for Jules to comment!
    Lauren was only a year or so when you were at camp, wasn't she? The little ones change so much in just a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome pix! thanks so much! miss you guys already! love ya lots :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your blog from a different location this evening. So good to read your post...as a very lame substitute for being in Salem right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks for missing us...hope to do that again..such a rich blessing to be with you all..encouraging! Looks like a fun time this year.

    Is that Matt's "famous" sweatshirt that he wore at YC years ago? Yes, we are trying hard to make Julia comment!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures!! I was very sad that I wasn't able to come. (Next year in Jerusalem!) :) It looks like a great time was had by all. Rhoda even looks like she's having fun doing homework. (There's something not quite right about that.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, Matt had the Larry Sweatshirt on at YC. It is FAR worse than the one in the photo. I do want to go on record as one who doesn't get Three Stooges humor. What is so funny about poking, slapping, and woop woop wooping people? I married my hubby IN SPITE of his love for the weirdos. (it really is his only fault.) I am however wearing the shirt because it is warm and as I age practicality outweighs fashion and sometimes, as in this case, good sense. Although, KN can verify that ugly clothing has been a weakness of mine in the past. I'm think Pigs and Queen Jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, those were cool jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember those jammies....they WERE hideous! :) I think I may even have a picture of Juwa in those....

    Oh, and yes, Laura...Lauren was about 16 mo. when we were there. Cameron came along almost exactly 9 mo. later!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing the pics! What a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete