Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Things to Think About--QUICKLY!

It is busy around here. School has begun, and violin and piano lessons are underway. Curt's schedule is packed at this time of year. Next week, my Mother-in-law will come to stay with our girls as we attend the Farm Progress Show in Decatur. Curt is a regular columnist for the Prairie Farmer magazine and has a booth at their show each year.

I thought I'd quickly leave a few thoughts from my book of quotes. Sometimes after reading a post I've written, this following quote comes to mind; "Some people would say more if they talked less." : ) On the subject of loneliness, Philip Sidney said, "They are never alone that are accompanied with noble thoughts." Speaking of thoughts, James Allen is quoted as saying, "You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you." This old Latin proverb is so true, "The happier the time, the more quickly it passes."

Have happy days, my blogging friends, but enjoy them as they fly by!

5 comments:

  1. Good Thougths. I'd say more, but than I'd end up saying less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quotes...been thinkin of posting some ,too. What happened to the post that disappeared?? I thought it was good, as always. And the topic of "Redeeming the time" is always good for me to hear...I seem to be able to "waste" alot if not careful! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia,
    You always make me smile.

    Kimberly,
    You caught me! : )
    Sometimes I read over my posts and think...that is so obvious, so redundant, everyone knows that...I am just boring people with the same old same ole.
    I deleted it. I needed it myself, but figured I didn't need to tell the world about it.
    Your gracious response is an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good quotes! Worth remembering!! Mind if I put them in my book of inspirational quotes? Thanks for sharing! Have fun a the farm show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely, use the quotes anywhere you want. They're public domain material. : )
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete