Sunday, August 12, 2007

In The Calm

In the calm of Your presence
I am listening, Lord
I am still, I am quiet
I am Yours

Let Your Word speak to me
Let Your Spirit draw near
I will obey
The truth that I hear

In the calm of Your presence
I am listening, Lord
I am still, I am quiet
I am Yours

There's a thirst in my soul
For Your wisdom divine
I long for the peace
And life that I find

In the calm of Your presence
I am listening, Lord
I am still, I am quiet
I am Yours

Written by Scott Krippayne and Tony Wood

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back from Camp, Laura! I've never heard the music to this, but the lyrics are beautiful. The words alone promote a feeling of calm and respite. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tara, it is so beautiful. It is on the GIRLS OF GRACE CD released in 2002. Julia loaned it to us, and this song is my favorite on the album. It is sung by Jennefer Deibler from FFH (whatever that means). I hope you get a chance to hear it. It does so sooth the soul. I'm glad the soothing is even felt in the words alone. I hoped it would be. It's hard to know if the same effect will be sensed when you've heard it only with music.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard this song much, but agree that the melody and lyrics ARE beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis