Friday, June 29, 2007

My Goofy Girl and her Daddy

My girls enjoy old I Love Lucy videos. One of their favorites is where Carol Burnett joins the show as Carol Bradford, the librarian and new roommate for Lucy. Yesterday, they decided to work up a little skit mimicking that episode. My dad has been in the hospital this week for testing (all is well for him, thankfully) and so they worked up the skit for him. I wanted to show you some pictures of Rachelle in costume. It was a hoot.



I enjoy laughter, but I'm not naturally funny or witty. My husband, on the other hand, is my balance in that category. He can be just as goofy as I am serious. I am sure my girls (especially the younger, Rachelle) takes after her daddy! Oh, by the way, she and Curt love acting as Stanley in Laurel and Hardy. There's quite a resemblance, isn't there? : (

7 comments:

  1. Hysterical! Love the costume! Love the "Stan Laurel" look! Thanks for posting the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! I so wish I could see the skit.

    Thanks for blogging "back" on my homeschooling comment! I have been out of touch with blogging since being gone out of town for a couple weeks!

    Heather's mother and my father are siblings...in answer to your question! Great Family!!

    I do remember you from Julia's wedding...we came to your house for a while before going out to eat all together after the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that?!! I must say the eyes are pretty good in the Stan Laurel pose. Rachelle looks good in costume as well. She's even got the stance down. :) There's nothing like good, clean fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to get this girl in Mode Youth and use her talents in the play. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still stunned when I see pics of your girls how BIG they've grown since we were there...only yesterday? Seems like it anyway. In reality I guess it's been 7 years. Time FLIES, doesn't it?!?
    I'm sorry your dad has had health issues. Hope he's doing well. I remember your parents as very gracious, gentle spirited people.

    As for the skit...well, who wouldn't want to get in on that?!? Looks like too much fun. I wanna play too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT PICS!! "I love Lucy" is GREAT -- right up there with "The Andy Griffith Show", which is the one my children mimick!! But why does my son have to love being Barney??!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would've loved to have seen the skit! I'm sure it was hilarious! They looked funny in their customs!
    I started to say that "I love the new pic of you in the pink blouse and flowered skirt" ... then I realized that that picture is your girl! Wow! She's growing up fast. I like all the pics you have of your family!

    Hope you had a Happy 4th of July!
    Love, Heather =)

    ReplyDelete