Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Busy Week

What a week! The normal violin lesson on Monday was far from normal as we had a flat tire on our van just as we were coming into town! Curt had to make the drive (over an hour) with our other vehicle to rescue his damsels in distress. Needless to say, our lessons were cut short.

On Tuesday, a young Amish girl helped us clean house. She got the entire upstairs cleaned. It was the first time I had met her or had her work for us. She was delightful: very pleasant, vigorous worker, and meticulous. Since then, we've managed to tackle one more room per day. It feels so good to get thorough cleaning done. Having the extra help really motivated me. (I just haven't taken much time for being online because of all the cleaning.) Tomorrow, I hope to tackle the kitchen with all the wood cabinets. By the way, in case you've never tried it, Murphy's Oil Soap is terrific for wood! I love the smell and the glow it gives my floors, doors, cabinets, baseboard, etc. Also, while I'm on the subject, I must recommend microfiber cloths from the auto department in Walmart for all sorts of cleaning! They are the best cleaning cloths I've ever found.

The next weeks are going to be rigorous with activity for us, so I may not be able to post much.
I'll miss all my blogging friends! Maybe I'll be able to squeeze in a few lines now and then.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have been one busy lady. You want to come visit me? Maybe I need to see if any Amish live in Cincinnati! The Amish are hard-working people. I used to work with a couple of Amish girls back home and they were alot of fun. My boss could speak dutch and sometimes he would tease the Amish boys that came around about me and they would get all embarressed. I never knew what he was saying unless he told me later. He got such a kick out of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorcus, what a treat that you stopped by! So good to hear from you. Isn't this blogging world fun and convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura;

    If you get bored with cleaning your own house, come on down. :)

    Dorcas;
    Howdy! So glad to see you here.

    ReplyDelete