Friday, May 11, 2007

A Good Day

I've got to post again today. I just can't stand to leave "Restless Heart" as the most recent writing. Curt says I sound melancholy. I am not discouraged, depressed, or down at all. In fact, after I wrote the post, I was so encouraged, I never thought again about the fragileness I had recently struggled with.
It really is true that when I go to Jesus, He carries me away from trouble. He brings a song to my heart!

"There is no problem too big, He cannot solve it.
There is no storm too dark, He cannot calm it.
There is no sorrow to deep, He cannot sooth it.
There is no mountain too tall, He cannot move it.
If He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders,
I know my sister that He can carry you..."

I love that song.

It has been a good day. After school was over, I worked outside weeding, planting, moving a few plants. I'm a trial-and-error gardener. I plant something, look at it for a while, and if I don't like it, I move it somewhere else. Eventually, I get things where I want them. Once Curt got home, we moved a huge ornamental grass, which was rooted so deeply we had to borrow my brother's utility tractor. Curt smiled and did whatever I asked him to. I'm blessed to have a patient husband.

The girls are done with violin lessons for a month, but they're preparing for a Suzuki family camp in Ontario the first week of July. After that, they'll have all of July and half of August off before fall semester starts. We're almost done with scheduled school work this semester. It'll be fun to have some different types of learning experiences for a few months. I'm working my way slowly through The Well Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer. I've been debating what literature program I'll have LaRae do for ninth grade. I'm considering having her read this book with me and read some of the same "Great Books" it recommends reading. Another friend (just down the drive) is working her way through it also. I'm excited about the possibility of all three of us having some "great book" discussions.

Looks like Mother's Day weekend is going to be beautiful. Happy Mother's Day to all my friends who are mothers, Happy Every Day to the rest of you!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed both posts...and understand how it's sometimes easy to look "all put together". That can be counterproductive, but what's the alternative..look like you're falling apart?!:) Maybe honesty is the answer, but of course trust must exist for that to really happen. Thanks for cahllenging us.And BTW, I think I 1st learned "He Will Carry You" from your tape...thankful that the song is true...still love it and we still do it at our church fairly often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Berry Dingles favorite music is Vision music only because he hasn't heard yours? I remember Kayla and I going to her house after school and listening to your music. (she couldn't believe I hadn't heard of you.) ;)

    I'm looking forward to getting that Education, I never had....or is it got? See, I need this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly,
    So true! I have often thought (when I was smacked in the face with that attitude of, oh YOU have it all!) how do I show you I am a needy heart just like you?
    Thanks for your encouraging words. They mean a lot.

    Jules,
    I think we need to speak with Berry. He has some apparent issues. we've got to get him back on the straight-n-narrah.

    Oh, was it Kayla that introduced you to my music? I didn't remember that. We all naturally look at one another so differently depending on our paradigm, don't we? I'm glad that as adults who are true believers, we can put aside images which aren't real and love each other as equals, friends, sisters in Him.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. another comment:) Yes, Kayla and I were big fans!:)...we were so cool even back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that song too!! Hope you all have a great week in Ontario!

    ReplyDelete