Monday, May 28, 2007

Soaking It In


It's a wet morning. A slow, steady sprinkle clothes the air. There's beauty in it as the dry, cracked ground soaks up every drop of moisture. We can't see them, but we know the tiny roots of the small plants and seeds we've placed in the ground are reaching out to catch a bit of that life-giving substance as it soaks into the surrounding soil. Our effort to water the flowers and vegetables is never quite as good as God's.

It reminds me of "watering my spirit." I might try to quench my thirsting heart with a number of things, but they never satisfy for long. When I draw near to my Creator, my parched soul is soaked with His soothing rain. It is always clothing the air about me. I just have to reach out and soak it in.

Isaiah 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

2 comments:

  1. Laura,

    We are so in need of rain...maybe some will shift down our direction!

    I wanted to comment on the previous post, but was afraid you may not see it. Thanks so much for taking the time to put out all that info. I may print it out so I can go through it carefully. What a journey you've had! I am seriously considering using the Abeka DVD next year, simply because having a new baby has slowed me down so much this year with the one on one teaching. I truly do love doing it, but it requires SUCH time when your children are in the early learning stages. The decision is not final, but there is much to think about. Thanks again for posting it.
    BTW, I was wondering if you're familiar w/the Word of the Day that posted on my blog this morning. My kids thought it was so funny: hemidemisemiquaver! A musical term; I'd never heard of it, but I'm sure you probably have!
    Blessings,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,
    It was actually very valuable (for my own reference) to go back through all I could recall and get it down in writing. Thanks for motivating me to do it. I hope it will be helpful in some way. You do know that you can order a free A Beka demo DVD, don't you? I fully understand your situation with 4 children including a baby. I could not do what I've done if I would have had more little ones.
    A Beka comes to numerous towns with material displays. They often set up in hotel confernece rooms. You may know all about it, but if not, the website lists those meetings.
    I had heard about quavers, semiquavers, etc. in college. That was a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago : ) though. Thanks for refreshing my memory. That's not one I use every day.
    Good to be in touch!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete