This made me smile today.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Sunday, March 12, 2017
I have made a major diet change for the past 6 weeks. I've cut refined sugar, dairy, gluten, starch, tomatoes, all fruit except apples and berries, and legumes. I'm trying to get my liver and thyroid numbers where they should be. I'll find out this coming week if they're back to normal range so that I can avoid medication if it's possible.
I wanted to share this cookie recipe which I found in a cookbook I ordered off Amazon. This gluten-free, dairy-free cookie is delectable! Like the author suggests, I purchased my almond flour, coconut flour, palm shortening, and coconut crystals from Amazon. The raw honey I found at Sam's for a more reasonable price than I found elsewhere.
Even if my numbers don't improve enough to avoid medication, I feel better and have lost several pounds avoiding refined sugar, so I'll likely keep finding ways to use raw honey, maple syrup, coconut crystals, and berries as my sweeteners.
If you need to avoid gluten and other potentially inflammatory foods, give this recipe a try! It's hard to stop at one cookie!
(Oh, and by the way, thankfully, my doctor told me I could do a small amount of 70% or darker chocolate. So, I do use regular dark chocolate pieces which have a bit of sugar/dairy. That has been my enabler in making such a drastic diet change!)
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
I love to listen to John Lennox.
His winsome, humble, yet brilliant mind captivates me and lifts my spirit.
I pray the next generation will produce more like him
with similar ability to address the issues of the day in such a beautiful way.
God, help me to better (though, of course, in a far simpler understanding)
reflect the same type of humble, uplifting spirit, based on the unshakable strength
that comes from trust in a Loving, yet Powerful, Genius - what an understatement!, and Amazing Creator!
I cannot help but think about spending eternity with people like Dr. Lennox...
can you imagine exploring the never-ending realities God has created alongside people like this?
I did not have time to listen to the questions today at the end of the video,
but the lecture is about 55 minutes long and is so worth your time!
Friday, March 3, 2017
1. Christianity is not about a God who arbitrarily makes rules that we have to follow.
2. Christianity is not about a God who enjoys forcing His will on His creation like some narcissistic despot.
3. Christianity does not bring bondage.
4. Christianity is not about a God who says I don't care what you do; do whatever you want.
1. Christianity teaches us of a God who made us, loves us, and wants us to flourish.
2. Christianity teaches us of a God who gives us guidelines so that we can flourish and enjoy fellowship with Him and one another forever!
3. Christianity frees us to be what we were made to be.
4. Christianity teaches us of a God who cares about what we do because He knows what's best and He knows we don't.
Jesus came to tell us
How good HE is!